Tuesday, July 1, 2014

7 -- Apple Strudel Muffins


July 1, 2014. First day of second month in second half of the year. 

Time ticks off tremendously fast. I have no idea what I have been doing for the past seven months. Slacking is the main culprit and life is almost always repetitive. Without much awareness, I only realised that today is 1st July. One more month to go before I fly off to pursue my second phase of the medical life. Gosh, I really could not imagine how I am going to survive there in the hospital after so many months of 'kiss-goodbye' from my medical books.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Started to get busy from today onwards as today is the first day of my elective. I woke up very reluctantly at almost 7 o'clock this morning to prepare myself. I guess I have been giving my body too much physical stress since last week because of lack of sleep recently. I had an early sleep yesterday night but it seemed not giving any improvement to my health. I bet my body is warning me that it is the time to resume back to the normal healthy life. I was late to the hospital as I used the wrong way, which was going to the airport. I thought I would be able to start off the posting straight away after signing up with the person-in-charge. Unfortunately, I only managed to enter the wards one and half hours later due to the lengthy process. But the good thing was that I would be attached to different wards in a month, which gave me the opportunity to see different patients in the wards. Oh well, frankly speaking, there was nothing much happened after that. Doctors and housemen were extremely busy with their work so I did not get the opportunity to talk to them. Read some case files and went back at the lunch time. Had an afternoon tea with my sister and her boyfriend. Initially, we wanted to try the cakes at a coffee shop recommended by a famous webpage but the cakes were out of stock by the time we reached there. I thought I would not be able to fulfil my cake cravings today, but surprisingly my mother bought a hazelnut chocolate sponge cake from a newly opened bakery shop nearby my house while I was taking my afternoon nap. The taste was just prefect for me as it was not the cake that was rich of butter and cheese that I usually had outside. The sponge cake was very tender and the cream inside was not very sweet (just nice for all of us). We really enjoyed having it very much. 

Tonight, I have made some Apple Strudel Muffins as my breakfast tomorrow. The recipe again was from the allrecipe.com. The method was quite easy with some simple ingredients that were available at my house. I have not tried the muffins with any fruit before, so, I think that this is the time that I should try something new..! =P


Apple Strudel Muffins Recipe 

Link address : http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Apple-Strudel-Muffins/Detail.aspx?evt19=1&scale=6&ismetric=1


Ingredients :

  • 125g of all purpose flour
  • 2g of baking soda
  • 1g of baking powder
  • 2g of salt
  • 55g of softened butter
  • 70g of white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • few drops of vanilla
  • 95g of chopped apples 
Crumbles on top of muffins :
  • 35g of packed brown sugar
  • 4g of all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon powder
  • 7g of softened butter

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 6 cup muffin pan.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
  3. In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Mix in vanilla. Stir in apples, and gradually blend in the flour mixture. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan.
  4. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over tops of mixture in muffin pan.
  5. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to sit 5 minutes before removing muffins from pan. Cool on a wire rack.

Noted that the amount used is quite small because it can only make 6 muffins..! If you want to make more muffins (e.g 12 muffins), you should double the amount indicated above.



The first day of elective in Sibu General Hospital... while waiting for my mum to drive me there... 



 The hazelnut chocolate cake bought by my mum..




 The apple strudel muffins that I made tonight. Mum said that I was crazy baking muffins at this hour (2100 hours).... =P There was an insufficient amount of crumbles on top of the muffins, so, they turned out not attractive enough. I should have spread them at the centre, which might look better. 



The biggest red bean drink that I have ever had. Luckily my sister was there to share with me, or else I would not be able to finish it.



My super-duper cute nephew.. Always loved by everyone in the family because he is just too adorable.




Here, I would like to share something about one of the cats at my house. He is the most EPIC pet cat that I have ever reared.....


Left - Very anti-social but always loves to peek at other cats in my house. Tried to make friends with others but he seemed not really welcomed by them. Poor thing.... Right - He hid in the vase to avoid the extreme heat. He is clever, isn't he..? That is the reason why all of us love him very much.

                                   


No comments:

Post a Comment