Saturday, July 19, 2014

10 -- Toast making in process


Banana Crumbs muffins 

Link address : http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-Crumb-Muffins/Detail.aspx?evt19=1

Ingredients :

  • 190g of all-purpose flour
  • 5g of baking soda
  • 5g of baking powder
  • 3g of salt
  • 3 bananas (smashed)
  • 150g of white sugar
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 75g of melted butter
  • 75g of packed brown sugar
  • 15g of all purpose flour
  • 0.3g of ground cinnamon
  • 15g of butter

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
  3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into centre of a muffin comes out clean.



The banana crumbs muffin is the best muffin that I have ever tried making before. The muffins that I used to bake were either too hard or weird taste but this one was prefectly fine for me and my family members. I got this recipe from the allrecipe.com website. It was one of the top-rated muffins. 






 This was the wholemeal healthy bread I made the day before yesterday. I was very glad that my dad praised me on my baking skill. Sometimes, I wonder if I have chosen the wrong field, haha.... but anyway, I was very happy that I actually succeeded in baking the first toast in my life. Now, I can make one for myself instead of buying from the bakery shop. =)



I got this recipe from a recipe book (photo attached below) bought by my mother few years back. I love making bread from this book because it is reliable. 








I actually modified the recipe because it was supposed to be fresh milk toast. I did not change much, but only the high protein flour I substituted some of it with instant oatmeal and plain flour. 


Oatmeal Healthy Toast 

Ingredients :
  • 600g of high protein flour (you can substitute 100g of high protein flour with oatmeal if you want to)
  • 6g of instant yeast
  • 5g of salt
  • 30g of sugar
  • 120g of water
  • 250g of fresh milk
  • 1 tsp milk essence (omit if you do not have this ingredient at home)
  • 50g of butter
  1. Mix the high protein flour and instant yeast evenly. Put in salt, sugar, water, fresh milk and milk essence. Mix till it becomes bread dough.
  2. Place completed dough in container and cover with cling wrap. Leaven for 40-50 minutes till its size doubles. Remove and divide into 6 portions of 170g each. Roll into balls and proof for 15 minutes. 
  3. Roll out 6 portions of bread dough into long strips, roll into cylindrical shapes and proof for 15 minutes. Roll out again and then roll back into cylindrical shapes. Put 3 pieces into a long to shaped bread loaf tin. 
  4. Allow the bread dough to leaven for 40 to 50 minutes, until bread rises to same height as baking mould. Place in the pre-heated oven, bake at 200'c for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove bread from mould and allow to cool on rack before slicing it into pieces.


And................



This is the last bread that I have baked for this afternoon. Honestly speaking, I am not fond with the taste when banana is put into the bread. Not sure if it is due to the oxidised banana or the taste is really not that appealing. But I love the walnut butter biscuit put on top of the bread. It tasted like cookies. Yumms..! =D




Banana walnut coffee toast

Also got this recipe from the recipe book shown above.

Ingredients :

Ingredient A :
  • 500g of high protein flour
  • 6g of 2 teaspoons of instant yeast
  • 20g of milk powder
  • 20g of sugar
  • 10 g of salt
  • 1 egg
  • 240g of water
Ingredient B :
  • 40 g of butter
Ingredient C (Fillings) :
  • 200g of banana (diced)
  • 100g of walnuts
Walnut Crunchy 
  • 50g of walnuts
  • 100g of butter
  • 50g of brown sugar
  • 100g of flour

  1. Mix ingredients A and blend at slow speed for 1 minute. Then blend at medium speed for 5 minutes until coarse. Add in ingredient B and continue to blend until smooth and shiny. Place in a container and cover with cling wrap. Leaven for 40 to 50 minutes until the dough rises to twice of its size.
  2. Divide bread dough into 2 portions. Roll them into balls and proof for 10 minutes. Roll out bread dough and arrange with diced banana and minced roasted walnuts. Sprinkled minced walnut biscuits, then roll into long rolls. Place in a rectangular greased baking mould and sprinkle minced walnut biscuit. Leaven for 40 minutes.
  3. Place in a pre-heated oven, bake at 200'c for 30 minutes.
  4. Walnut Butter biscuit method : Roast walnuts and cut them into small pieces. Mix butter and brown sugar evenly add flour and mix evenly again. Then, add in minced walnuts and knead lightly with hand. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Set aside.



No comments:

Post a Comment