Friday, June 27, 2014

5 -- My sister is back!


Had a very long chat with my friends till past midnight yesterday. By the time I reached home, I was almost drained out... so tired that I wanted to lie on my bed straight away.. but to no avail, I still cleaned myself before I headed to bed.. And yet, the birds chirping sound and sunshine woke me up at 7.15 this morning and then I really could not sleep anymore no matter how hard I tried. I have not been sleeping well for the past few days. Gosh, please don't torture me in this way..


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



While I was browsing through the photos on my phone, I actually found that I had very much good memories in there. I am the person who does not take lots of photos. Well... that does NOT mean I am NOT interested in taking photos! I am, but, the low quality of photos taken by my current phone just draws me away... So, I promise that I will NEVER ever ever buy a phone without good camera system anymore.

This was one of the cookies that I made for Chinese new Year early this year. For people like me who is not a fan of sweetness, this type of cookies favoured me the most. I think many people like it too. My two sisters and I finished them even before Chinese New Year started (we treated ourselves as if we were already having the New Year celebration) ! It was also the cookies that was finished the earliest during the festival. I think it still tastes the best for the first few days after baking.


So, do you know what cookies it is....

Hehe...


It is the popular 'CornFlakes cookies'. 

I first knew it when my secondary classmates and I decided to make something special during our Kemahiran Hidup Bersepadu (KHB) class. My friend suggested of making cornflakes cookies. So, from there, I started to know about this delicacy and in fact, my whole classmates loved them too. That was long time ago, when we were still in Form 1 (I guess we were only 13 years old at that time.. u see, how time ROCKETS..!)... Reminiscing good old days again............


CornFlakes cookies

Ingredients :

  • 120g of butter
  • 60g of icing sugar, sifted
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1/2 tsp of vanilla
  • 120g of flour, sifted
  • 30g of cornflour, sifted
  • 30g of milk powder, sifted
  • 30g of raisins
  • 100g of cornflakes
  1. Cream butter and icing sugar till light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
  2. Fold sifted flour mixture into butter mixture.
  3. Drop mixture teaspoon by teaspoon onto the cornflakes. Shape into balls and place into small coloured paper cups.
  4. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170 degree Celsius for 20-25 minutes till golden brown. When cool, store in air-tight container.


So, this was the cornflakes cookies that I made. Once the scent oozes out from these cookies, it can make your house smell like the candies house in the fairy tales. haha... I am just trying to exaggerate the whole situation.





This was the recipe book that I referred to...





And...........


My crazy sister is coming back today. Can't wait for her arrival anymore because the first thing that I want to do is to bully her! She is so unlucky to have me as her eldest sister (such a big bully)... haha..


This was taken earlier this year while we were having a short trip to Tanjung Manis, which was one hour drive from Sibu, Sarawak..



Heading to attend the open house ceremony during Chinese New Year..



Dear sister, you know I love you, don't you...? haha..






Many people said we look alike.. Hmm.. what do you think...?


No comments:

Post a Comment